LEADING in Chaos, Solan
Time & Location
About The Event
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Principals, School owners/management, Vice-Principals, Headmistresses, Headmasters, and Head of Departments (HoD) who aspire to lead their schools to excellence should attend the program.
HOW IS THIS PROGRAM DIFFERENT
This is the only program for existing and aspiring school leaders that:
- Covers all 7 domains of school leadership,
- Participants will create their own 90-days school pedagogical plan
- Includes year-long support for all participants to bring change in their schools, and
- Caters to schools of all boards (CBSE, State Boards, and International Boards)
In addition, the program is:
- Aligned to the Draft National Education Policy 2019
- Highly interactive, engaging, and promotes active learning,
- Delivered by acclaimed experts who have empowered 5000+ school leaders across India
- Content derived from national policies, priorities, and global research.
- Focus on practical implementation for schools of all profiles.
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND
- A school is a complex chaotic dynamic system governed by several variables and school leaders must sharpen their knowledge, competencies, and skills to lead their schools to excellence.
- The NEP 2019 proposes paradigm shifts in the education scenario including teacher education, education administration, content, learning, and assessment models.
- Developing a professional network helps you advance your school, yourself, and your career in the right direction.
7 DOMAINS OF SCHOOL LEADERSHIP
- School environment & culture
- Curriculum & Content
- Learning & Assessment
- People (Students, Parents, Teachers, Staff, Management & Community)
- Operations, Finance and Legal Issues
- Leading Change
Participants will be able to:
- Evaluate the existing school culture and initiate the development of positive school culture in their schools
- Create a school curriculum aligned to national/state curriculum
- Plan a school-wide transition from summative to formative assessment
- Implement an evidence-based teacher assessment plan for mentoring/coaching teachers
- Discover ways to fund school transformation
- Develop a ‘high-impact’ technology intervention for the school
- Plan and lead emotional-intelligence-based school-wide transformation involving multiple stakeholders.
MEET THE TRAINERS
Mr. G. Balasubramanian, Chairman, Board of Advisors, ICSL, is a reputed enabler of school leaders in India and abroad. He is revered for his deep insight and futuristic outlook about K12 education. A prolific writer, a mesmerizing speaker, and an avid reader, he has impacted the professional lives of thousands of school leaders.
During his tenure with CBSE as a Joint Director, he steered the academics, examination, confidential, and administrative functions and led the regional office in Chennai. He retired from CBSE as Director (Academics) in 2006. He has received several awards for his contribution to school education, authored books on science, IT, poetry and other areas of education, published articles in leading magazines and presented papers in International forums.
He is the editor-in-chief of the quarterly magazine The Progressive School and has served as a consultant, advisor and board member of various organizations including QCI, Govt. of Tamil Nadu, and FICCI.
Dr. Atul Nischal, Founder Director, ICSL, has a rich and diverse experience of 30 years in the school education industry. He has designed and led several innovative interventions in content development, professional development of teacher educators, assessment, and Edtech in both the Government and private sectors.
Dr. Nischal was awarded a doctorate degree in pure mathematics by Tulane University (USA) and has taught mathematics at both the school and college levels. His mathematical acumen, out of the box creative problem-solving abilities, and the ability to lead large teams allows him to overcome the biggest challenges with ease.
He is the editor-in-chief of India’s first and only anthology on school leadership – LEAD the Change.
Mrs. Sangeeta D. Krishan, Member, Board of Advisors, ICSL, has served the school education sector for over 30 years as a Principal, Academic Head, Training-Curriculum Head, and Director Academics with leading schools, NGOs and corporate houses. She has worked closely with rural schools serving the most underprivileged students as well as the most modern
schools serving the elite section of the society.
For the last 10 years, she is a school inspector for KHDA, Dubai, ADEK, Abu Dhabi, and Ministry of Education. She has trained school leaders and teachers for SCERT in Delhi, Rajasthan, and Uttar Pradesh. She mentors managements of schools and leaders in sound educational practices and progressive learning tools to
create excellent schools.
10:00 AM Registration
10:30 AM Kick-Off: Understanding Schools as Complex Chaotic Systems
11:00 AM Challenges for School Leaders
12:00 PM Leading the Change
2:00 PM Lunch
3:00 PM Positive School Cultures
5:00 PM Customizing Curriculum
8:00 PM Dinner
7:45 AM Breakfast
8:15 AM Assessment for Learning
9:45 AM Assessing and Mentoring Teachers
11:45 AM High Impact Technology Intervention
1:30 PM Lunch
2:30 PM Fundraising for change
3:30 PM Tea/Certificate Distribution
INSTRUCTIONS FOR PARTICIPANTS
- Arrangements can be made to pick up and drop participants from/to Chandigarh Railway Station.
- Participants can choose to come on the evening of 31st October and/or leave on 3rd November.
- No personal guests are allowed for any part of the program.
- 2 Day ResidentialINR 9,800INR 9,8000INR 0